Monday, May 05, 2008

Grease!


Alright. One word can describe why my blogging has been sucky for the past few months, and that word is "Grease." Better said, "'Grease' is the word."


I admit it. For the past 4 months I've been moonlighting in a local community theater production of the musical Grease. Let the gay jokes begin.




Despite all the hell I've been given - and believe me, there's been plenty of it - I've really enjoyed being a part of the community theater machine. Our last theatrical performance was last weekend in a downtown Naples theater. We felt big-time. It was great. And of the 7 shows we had, all but one were sold out, meaning we sold around 1400 tickets at $10 a piece! I thought that was pretty good.

I played "Doody," one of the goofy T-birds in Danny's gang. Our biggest number (well, at least the T-Birds biggest number) was, of course, "Greased Lightnin'."


It was fun while it lasted, but, well, lets just say I'm glad we're done. Since late January we've practiced four weeknights per week and for 4 hours every Saturday. It really began to wear on us in the end. Leaving work at 1730 just to go practice til 1930, then rush to get home to kiss Ella goodnight just wasn't cutting it. It also killed our travel schedule; we've not been anywhere beyond Florence since March...

In the end, the productions were awesome, and so were the people. As you can tell from the pics, the cast and audience were both Italian and American. Our last performance in downtown Naples drew a huge local national crowd, which was particularly fun for us. Who knows whether they understood a word of what we said...

I've always said that being a trial lawyer is little more than being a stage actor, and being a part of Grease only strengthened that belief. Maybe I'll bust into a little "Greased Lightnin'" the next time I'm in front of the jury...

Or not.

- pac
For those of you with nothing to do with your time who might like to peruse about a billion photographs of our performances and rehearsals, click here. If you search hard enough you might even find a few shots of me in one of my patented knee-slide-pelvic-thrust dance moves. The dance for this thing was more than I expected, but I think we did pretty well with it.

26 comments:

Chip said...

Head...exploding...with jokes... can't...pick...one...

derek said...

Heh, you're name is Doody. Heh Heh.

derek said...

BTW, $5 to the first person to produce a video showing Phil's pelvic thrust dance moves. Melissa, I know you have one...

The Smiths said...

Phillip I have been keeping up with you all through you blog. I wondered why you all had not posted in so long. Now I know. Grease must have been soooo fun!
Rosie Washburn would watch it together all of the time when we had sleep overs. Glad to hear you had fun doing your part!
Kelly Castleman Smith

OKeedokey said...

I'm impressed. Totally impressed!
I can't wait to see what Andrew has to say though!

Rachel Spence said...

OMG!! I would have paid LOTS and LOTS of money to be there to see that!! hee hee I am proud of you though--way to get involved.

AndrewRocks said...

Nice pelvic thrust....gaywad

stephen lee cavness said...

hey man... ive got your back...

i was "danny zuko" in high school...

my pelvis was not to be rivaled..

-stephen

Anonymous said...

generic valium what is in valium pill - valium vs xanax potency

Anonymous said...

ambien for sale buy zolpidem no prescription usa - ambien withdrawal night terrors

Anonymous said...

ambien zolpidem order ambien online is it legal - zolpidem 10 mg vidal

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online can you buy ativan - online purchase of ativan

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem ambien side effects overdose - order zolpidem tartrate online

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online buy xanax generic online - xanax dosage in children

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam cheap canada online pharmacy diazepam - diazepam injection dosage

Anonymous said...

generic valium online valium price walmart - valium sale thailand

Anonymous said...

generic ativan long until ativan withdrawal - ativan lorazepam vs. xanax alprazolam

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam withdrawal symptoms how long - diazepam kidney function

Anonymous said...

soma cheap soma online reviews - buy soma intimates canada

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium price - does valium and xanax test the same

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien cr 12.5 snort - ambien health risks

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium 5 effects - valium dosage equal xanax

Anonymous said...

buy soma online how to buy somatropin injection - carisoprodol while breastfeeding

Anonymous said...

generic soma carisoprodol gluten free - carisoprodol 350 mg soma

Anonymous said...

valium generic valium vs xanax better - buy valium online uk no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy valium valium anxiety tablets - cheap valium online no prescription