Sunday, July 06, 2008

Where We've Been and What We've Seen-Part1

I know it's been a while so let us try to catch you up. On June 14, The Chockley's set sail on the Celebrity Cruise ship Constellation out of Harwich, England on a 14 day Scandinavian Baltic Sea Cruise. Phillip and I want to tell you a little about each of our ports of call so I'll begin with our first stop, Amsterdam. If you are an avid reader of the Chockley Blog then you know a little over a year ago we spent several days in Amsterdam so it was nice to return and wrap up the 2 items we missed the first go round, bicycling in the city and Vondelpark. Yes, I know I can't believe I agreed to ride bikes at 4 months pregnant. At the time it was a blast but afterwards I felt silly for even considering the notion. But I couldn't say no since it was the one thing Phillip really regretted not doing on our first trip. We had a blast! Ella loved it and apparently it was as exhausting to her as it was to me!

I wish I had a Euro coin for every time a Western asks..."so how is it to travel with a little one?" I have a million smart alec responses but I usually just smile and say "we don't know any different, we travel alot." Phillip and I learned early on in our European adventures that we have to make time for Ella regardless of the city or locale. This is where the parks usually play into the agenda and museums are a definite no-go, which is a great excuse for me since I honestly couldn't care less, except of course when it came to the Louvre in Paris. A small bottle of bubbles, some Teddy Grahams and a juice cup and Ella Brooke is in Heaven regardless of what country she's in.
Continue to tune in as we chronicle our journey through the Baltic Sea. I know Phillip is far more exciting than myself but he is so busy at work that I'm not sure when he'll have a moment to sit and write again. Until then you'll have to endure my poor attempt at writing.

P.S. be sure and check back on July 16 for the revelation of Chockley #2's gender (provided he or she is cooperative of course.)

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Can't wait. Praying for a sweet little healthy baby cooking up in there. AWW's ultrasound is next week too.

Rachel Spence said...

Yep bike riding all over the city at 4 months prego...you go girl!!! I think your blog posts are great keep them coming it's nice to know what you guys are up to over there! Can't wait for the boy or girl????

stephen lee cavness said...

i am so envious of all of teh traveling ya'll get to do...

next time yall are in tennessee(or kentucky!), let us know because we *have* to get together...

and i am pretty sure that i want my son to marry your adorable little girl.. (dont tell phillip)