Monday, January 12, 2009

Growing Girls!


Well I thought I might take a stab at catching us up on the blog.
Our girls are growing up way too fast. Ella celebrated the big 3 surrounded by her friends at her "Strawbee" Party (aka Strawberry Shortcake). Her mom celebrated her 4th birthday in a similar fashion some 2o plus years ago so it was fun seeing her do the same. Ella had a blast at her "paurty." I've decided I turn into that person my mom became when we my dad would invite 14 billion people over for a dinner party. She loved to entertain and was great at it but she became not so fun to be around when the stress of a party was upon her, sorry mom, it's true. Phillip laughs hysterically at me (thankfully not in my face, but I know he's doing it) when I start stressing over people in my house. An inside Golden Retriever that sheds enough hair daily to cover another 70 lb dog is one of the many stresses that plagues me when we have folks over. So, I say all that to say...next year the birthday party will be at the Y!
Her Papa insisted on getting her a baby Baby Grand. As you can see...she loves it! It was a hit at the party. Who needs Rock Band when you have a baby baby grand, a Little Tikes drum and a Hawaiian Ukulele??
























She also got a new bike from mommy and daddy!







Josie turns 2 months this week! I can't believe it. The last 2 months have flown by. Ella adores her little sister and affectionately refers to her as "my little peanut." Pretty cute coming from a 3 year old that is talking like she's a 35 year old. The jealousy factor hasn't been as intense as Phillip and I either expected it to be. She loves to hold her but watch out, when she's done, she just lets go, no warning! A little scary!



























3 comments:

OKeedokey said...

oh man. If we lived closer, my kids would totally come over to the Chockley house and play music with your girls!
And, our dog is small, but he sheds tons of hair too! I hate it. I want a sign that says, "Do not wear black or sit down."
Good for you for hosting!!

Anonymous said...

I just checked the blog and realized that I haven't seen pictures of the girls in a while. Josie has gotten sooo big and Ella's hair is getting long! They're adorable!

Darlene said...

The girls are precious, Melissa. I was so glad to see recent pictures, especially of Josie. What a headful of hair! Can't wait to see who she will look like, those fat cheeks make it hard to tell right now. Miss you guys.